What makes a good spoon for feeding your baby?
- The material: the first and foremost important point to check is the material used for the construction of the spoon. Ideally, you should opt for the ones, made with durable and Eco-friendly materials, so that it lasts for the longest span, and never ever threatens the health of the baby.
- Convenience in gripping the spoon: another key point to check is the ease and convenience in gripping the spoon. Opt for those pieces that is hard to grip, and exert stress and strain on the tender fingers of the baby. Likewise, you should see that the spoon comes with a handle of adequate length so that it never ever gets inside the bowl, in the course of eating.
- The spoon should not come with sharp edges: while picking the spoons for the baby, refrain from those pieces that comes with sharp edges, as there are chances for these spoons to injure the tongue and the softer parts inside the mouth. Spoons with rounder edges and longer handles are ideal for the babies to adopt them with self-eating practices , without the chances of hurting them.
- The spoon should check spillage: another point to check is, if the spoon checks spillage or not. In this regard, spoons featuring a rounded edge design will be ideal as the additional surface area prevents the chances of spillage that makes the clothes dirty. If spillage is checked, you can also ensure that there happen, no wastage of food and your baby will get the adequate nutrition.
- The length of the handle: you should always opt for the ones, coming with longer handles as these spoons are easy to control for the babies, and such spoons will never ever get inside the bowl, making it difficult for your baby to eat, and also challenging the hygiene and health.
What Should You Look For in a Spoon?
- It is important that you select the right size: While buying the spoons for your baby, make sure you are picking the right size. In case the size of the spoon is too small, you will keep on dragging the baby to feed that might make the baby feel bored. On the other hand, using excessively large spoons, you are likely to face troubles in using the spoon.
- The material: While buying the spoons for the babies, it will be best to opt for the ones, made with rubber or plastic materials. However, you should only opt for the ones that is BPA-Free. Use of materials like stainless steel or other metals is not encouraged as it might hurt the gums and the tender parts inside the mouth.
- You must check the ease in handling the spoon: Another important point of consideration is the ease in handling the spoon. In case the spoon is complex and intricate to handle, you will have issues in feeding the baby. Likewise, in case the baby has already started to feed by its own, he/she will definitely find issues, if there are troubles with handling the spoon and the grip is not comfortable.
- Don’t opt for the ones that comes with removable ends: It will be wise to refrain from using those spoons that come with removable ends as, there are possibilities for those spoons to trigger chocking hazards. As such, use of these spoons offers a threat to the safety and well being of the baby.
- Washable: It is important to ensure adequate hygiene, and you cannot take a chance with the health of your baby. Hence, while buying the baby spoons, check if it is easy to wash the spoon so that you can ensure the hygiene of your baby and safeguard his/her health.